This is the online application for the 2014 Public Health Think Tank Conference which will be held from October 31st – November 1st, 2014 at the New York University Abu Dhabi Saadiyat Island Campus.
The Public Health Think Tank (PHTT) at NYU Abu Dhabi is a brand new student-initiative, which aims to bring local students, experts, and authorities together to find innovative ways to tackle public health problems. This year’s inaugural conference will be focused on confronting a major public health concern specific to the UAE – the smoking of tobacco products.
Delegates will be organized into teams of 4-5 members, with each team member representing a different university in the UAE. By the end of the two-day conference, each team must have devised a long or short-term action plan and/or prototype for a UAE-based anti-smoking intervention, and present their proposal to a panel of judges. The event will also include public health seminars, workshop on the tools of Public Health Practice and Decision Making, skill-building workshops, and final presentations of each team’s proposal.
University students studying in the UAE can apply to be Conference Delegates at the 2014 conference:
Conference delegates will work in teams over the two-day conference to devise an intervention plan. Accepted delegates will be required to attend all conference activities on Friday, October 31st and Saturday, November 1st and must pay the conference fee (see below).
- Students from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply. Teams will rely on their members to come up with an innovative solution, and the best solutions will be those that are multidisciplinary in nature. Thus, we need all sorts of expertise, from visual artists to engineers, activists to economists, public policy makers to biologists.
- All applicants must apply independently. No group applications will be accepted.
Accepted delegates will be required to pay a 100 AED conference fee, which will cover the following:
- Participation in all of the conference workshops and skill sessions, including workshops on public speaking, proposal presentation, and public health problem solving
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and refreshments during breaks) on both Friday and Saturday
- A PHTT Conference T-shirt
- Notebooks, folders, and pens to be used at the conference
- The opportunity to network with international experts in tobacco, along with the opportunity to meet head officials from local health authority organizations
The fee will NOT cover transportation to the conference or lodging in Abu Dhabi.
[gform form=’https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1semjT2H0AEXVvzrb74ynhm-IlwYjDJDuvYsZgBlazK0/viewform’ confirm=’http://phtt.org/apply-thank-you/’ email=’off’]